I’ve never really posted a recipe on my blog before, so if you’ve been following me for awhile, then this may seem kind of strange.
Baking is one of my hobbies though, and I’ve just come up with a new recipe that I like to call Cloud Brownies. Why do I call them that? Because they’re light and soft, like clouds.
This recipe is grain and flour free, and so most of the texture comes from stiffened egg whites, which is what gives these brownies a light and soft feeling. Mixing the egg whites into the chocolate mixture also looks like you’re mixing in a cloud, which is why I feel that this is an appropriate name for them.
Just as a warning, the only sugar in this recipe comes from the chocolate chips, so it won’t be as sweet as traditional brownies. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, so I decided not to add anything that would make them incredibly sweet.
If you do have more of a sweet tooth, try using milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet. You could also try adding a bit of sweetener, or adding some extra chocolate or chopped nuts.
These brownies also taste best if you let them chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before eating them.
This is my first time posting a recipe, so if you try making these brownies, please let me know how they turn out, or if you make any changes.
Makes 8 brownies in an 5 by 9 size bread pan (I didn’t have a brownie pan handy). To make a larger serving, you can use a larger pan and double the recipe.
- 4 large eggs (divided)
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup of salted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325° F (approximately 163° C)
- Separate 3 egg whites from the yolks. Beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Melt the chocolate chips and the butter together. Once they’re melted, mix in the cocoa powder and add a pinch of salt (to taste).
- Add a splash of vanilla extract (to taste) to the remaining egg yolks and white, then mix thoroughly. Add the yolks and white to the chocolate mixture.
- Mix chocolate batter thoroughly, and then slowly fold in the stiff egg whites, until the egg whites have been combined into the mixture.
- Grease baking pan, then add batter.
- Cook the brownies for 20 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan, then let chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a like or share it with someone else who’d enjoy it. If this post does well, I’ll also share my recipe for grain + flour free banana pancakes!
If you do try out this recipe, please let me know how the brownies turn out, or if you decided to make any changes. I’m new at making recipes, so it could help me make better recipes in the future.
Thank you, and I hope that I’ll be seeing you around!